Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Maybe You Should Start Listening


As I sat behind my desk today, I couldn't help but feel as though there was something missing; a greater part of me fading away. I was exhausted, despite the influx of caffeine I subjected my body to. Bewilderment and confusion flooded my mind as I tried to figure out why I stopped fueling my passion. Was I really responsible for letting the flame fade? When did I stop pursuing my dreams? When did I let it all slip through my fingers? Sure, I can make excuses, point fingers, and blame the innocent for my brief hiatus but I would be in denial.  There's no denying I lost my faith in my ability; I settled for less than mediocre.

Thankfully I snapped back to reality when I came across an article I didn't think I needed to read.

"Your Life Is Speaking, Are You Listening." HmphNo, I don't think my life is speaking to me today, I refuted in my sarcastic inner monologue. But, just like a bad car accident, I couldn't look away. "Where is your head these days? Are you daydreaming about what should have been, could have been; or are you still looking for what is supposed to be the life path of your dreams? Has your life come to a mundane daily routine?" Damn. This guy is good. So good, that I secretly feared he would ask "Do you have a glass of wine every night with a bowl full of Cheetos? At that point, I would have immediately closed the browser convinced that the US government, was in fact, watching our every move.  But dude had a point, so I kept reading.

I soon discovered that my life was speaking to me, yet I had been ignoring its persistent nagging. I decided it was time to do something, so I made a list. I made a list of all the things I long to accomplish; a list of my dreams; a list of stories I long to tell. A list that borders the impossible, yet I don't seem to mind.

I feel refreshed; rejuvenated.and can't wait to start crossing off the to-dos. 

Happy Hour Readers: What is on your list?






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...