Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Miss Penny Lane

Penny Lane: "I always tell the girls never take it seriously. If you never take it seriously then you never get hurt. If you never get hurt then you always have fun, and if you ever get lonely you can just go to the record store and visit your friends." 


The quote above is from the adorable Kate Hudson in one of my all time favorite movies Almost Famous. Although much of the film is centered around groupies, drugs, alcohol, and the quest for fame, I can't help but believe that the music, above all else, has the power to heal. Even if the world seemingly falls apart, I have found solace and comfort in the lyrics of my favorite song and the sound of their voices. As did Miss Penny Lane.



She longed to be loved, but music was her heart...
&& the music, well, I will leave that for you to decide.


Almost Famous Soundtrack:
1. America- simon & garfunkel
2. Sparks- the who
3. It wouldn't have made a difference-Todd Rundren
4. I've seen all good people: your move- Yes
5. Feel flows-The Beach Boys
6. Fever Dog- Stillwater
7. Every picture tells a story-Rod Stewart
8. Mr. Farmer- The seeds
9. The Way out- The Allman Brothers Band
10. Simple Man-Lynyrd Skynard
11. That's the Way-Led Zeppelin
12. Tiny Dancer- Elton John
13. Lucky Trumble- Nancy Wilson
14. I'm Waiting for the man- David Bowie
15. The Wind- Cat Stevens
16. Slip Away- Clarence Carter
17. Something in the Air-Thunderclap Newman

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...