Tuesday, January 24, 2012

For the Ups & Downs

Life is unforgiving.

Now, I speak not of the pessimist, but of the girl who is slowly maturing into a woman. Life, is indeed, very unforgiving. It is in our brightest days we find ourselves unprepared for the storm that may be brewing in the distant future. It is in our light that we fall victim to the daunting events that lurk around the corner...

Lately, I have found my own strength in question. My patience, tested. My sanity on the brink of being lost. Yet my will to survive, to MAKE it, out weighs any bit of self doubt or question that may reside in my mind. I press on continually praying, knowing that I am one day away from everything being "ok".

It is the little things that remind me that life is not something to be dreaded; that there is hope for brighter days. I am so thankful for the moments of silence on my way to work; that extra cup of coffee on a weary morning and the hugs and kisses from my boyfriend after a long day. If it weren't for these little reminders, I think I would be lost. 

Happy Hour Readers: Never lose sight of the little pleasures! Everything will get better eventually...

Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...