Friday, May 3, 2013

Balance: The Art of Finding & Maintaining

inspired-design.tumblr.com


“You get what anybody gets - you get a lifetime.” 
― Neil GaimanThe Sandman, Vol. 1: Preludes and Nocturnes

I regret that I have been abandoning this blog. For a very long time it was my project, the thing that I looked forward to every morning as I was enjoying my cup of coffee. Lately however, I have spent much of my time and focus on another blog; a writing project that I am not prepared to show all of you yet. Surprisingly, I have built quite the audience and it has fueled my desire to continue writing and to continue cultivating. Despite my enthusiasm, I have realized that I have been neglectful of previous passions and long to find balance in the symmetry of all my endeavors. 

My goals for May can be summarized in one word: Balance.  Balance for many can be a difficult thing to maintain. It's easy to get sidetracked, to find yourself quitting. After all is it worth it? Am I wasting my time? The answer is simple. No

A few weeks back I read a quote that smacked me in the face. 

"Do one thing a day that makes your dream a reality."

Regardless of what that one thing should be, it makes perfect sense. It won't happen overnight. You won't roll over one morning and find your dream wrapped in a big, beautiful red bow. It takes small efforts, day in and day out. Even if you don't want to commit to the time to make it happen. Excuses, will not make you successful. 

There have been many times over the last few weeks where I have sat behind a keyboard and cursed at my inability to put something on the page. It was like pulling teeth, which in hindsight would have be more appealing. But, I did it anyway. I wrote and I wrote crap. But I still did it. 

Balance. 
Such a hefty word. 

Is there a simple solution? One can argue that there is. But in my opinion it takes time, and takes skill. One can find balance by prioritizing and finding the time to make each of your goals more attainable. Again, excuses need to be left at the door. Easier said than done, but again, small efforts will be rewarded in the long run. 

My goal is find balance. With this blog, with my other blog, my 5 mile runs that I have committed myself to at least 3 times a week. 

Happy Hour Readers: Have you abandoned a passion lately? How do you maintain balance? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...