Friday, March 1, 2013

Personal: March Goals

Although I have stayed true to the majority of my New Year's Resolutions, I find myself wanting to up the ante (sort of speak). Deep down I know that I can do more to improve my overall sense of health and well-being both physically and mentally as this year continues. I am happy to report that I have officially signed up for my first 5k in Chattanooga, and I couldn't be more excited. With that being said, I need to start training harder so I can run the race without much hesitation. I have never been a runner, but I have grown to love my training sessions at the gym as well as my weekend runs. Unfortunately, a hip injury from over exertion has side-lined my workout regimen and I have fallen off the bandwagon. Luckily, its a start of a new month and I can get my butt back into the gym and accomplish the goals I have set forth. I can also reflect on the positive changes I have made the last two months regardless of a little slip-ups,such as:

I gave up energy drinks. 
I was a 2-a-day-er. I loved Red Bull and the insane amount of concentration it gave me. It wasn't until a minor panic attack at my desk and an accelerated heart rate that I realized I needed to stop. 

I started drinking more green tea
No sodas, no sugary drinks, just natural green tea with natural sweetener

Water became my best friend 
Sure I was in the bathroom a lot, but I was less bloated, my skin looked better, and I felt more energized. 

Replaced hardly eating to eating small meals a couple times a day
Learned to love Greek yogurt as well. 

Incorporated weights into work-outs
Love the burn!



BUT... I have new goals for the month. Although I am going to continue doing the things listed above I want to do the following:

Physically:

Commit to working out in the morning before work 
Ugh. this is going to be tough but I want more time in the evenings to spend time with friends and loved ones. 

A Plank A Day No Matter What:
(1 minute or more!)
Planks are awesome for your abs and I want a nice flat tummy for bikini season

Healthier Dinners:
I tend to eat healthy all day then blow it with an extra spoonful of pasta. I must execute better self control! I have found several new healthy recipes on Pinterest and I can't wait to try them.

Run, Run, Run:
At least 3 times a week. No excuses. 3 miles, 30 minutes. I can do this. Please hold me accountable, if I start making excuses. 

Regain flexibility in my back:
I did a back bend the other day and my muscles screamed in happiness. What a truly wonderful stretch. 

Emotionally, Spiritually, Etc. 

Join the Photo-a-day challenge:
I am joining Fat Mum Slim's Photo Challenge to stimulate my creative side. 

Reserve time for me:
I tend to forget about myself at times. I need to reserve time where I can just sit and relax. 

Find Free Lance Writing Opportunities
I need to write more and improve my portfolio. 

Blog, Blog. Blog
After all this is what I love to do and I want to continue inspiring those who read. 

With that being said: 

Happy Hour Readers: What are your plans for March? 

x-o-x-o Kristina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...