Thursday, January 31, 2013

Big, Beautiful Lashes: The Best New Mascaras


I'll admit that I'm seriously addicted to mascara. My morning routine consists of layering not only one, but two different types of mascara to achieve the perfect look. But my obsession doesn't stop there. On the weekends I often find myself at Walgreen's buying a couple pairs of Andrea "45's" faux eyelashes. I cannot resist them. In fact, if I could wear long faux lashes everyday, I would. 
There's nothing sexier than big, beautiful lashes, and a smokey eye. 

But since I don't have the time to apply gorgeous faux lashes every morning, I must settle for the next best thing: Mascara that makes me look like I am wearing them. 

I recently came across an article on TotalBeauty.com and here are their top picks for the best mascaras: 

1. Clinque High Impact Waterproof Mascara, $19.99
You had me at "high impact". Mascara should be bold and enhance your natural beauty. For 19.99, it's a little steep for me, but Beauty Editor at TotalBeauty.com says, "I think build-ability is a very important aspect in a mascara. One coat give you definition but you can layer five-plus coats for volume and drama-and it won't get clumpy."

2. NYC Big Bold Curl Mascara, $4.99 
I think this might be a drugstore super find. Editor Sarah Carillo, agrees. "This is my new favorite. I completely ditched the lash curler thanks to this mascara." 

3. Khroma The Quickie Mascara, $19.99
This miracle in a tube was developed by the infamous Kim and Kourtney Kardashian. "It has everything you want in a formula", says Cinya Burton, Senior Associate Editor."It curls, lengthens and volumizes in that epic, big night out kind of way." 

4. Rimmel London Scandal Eyes Show Off Mascara, $6.99
Anything Rimmel I must try, I love their mascaras! Associate Editor, Emily Popp loves how it covers her lashes from root to tip. 
Currently in my makeup bag: (reminds me of Halloween, because of its bright orange tube): Rimmel London VolumeFlash Scandal Eyes Mascara

5. Maybelline New York Volume Express the Rocket Mascara, $7.49
"This is the best definitely the best waterproof mascara I've tried," gushes Tiffanie Petett, Editorial Assistant. 

6. Lancome Hyponse Star Mascara, $28
Dawn Davis, New York Editor says, "This mascara is intense in the best way- it is super dark & shimmery and makes your lashes look twice as full." 

Article [Source]


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...