Friday, March 15, 2013

Carrie Bradshaw, Olivia Wilde, and My Love for Magazines

She had Mr. Big, the city, and a closet full of Louboutin's and Haute Couture. Her evenings consisted of top shelf Cosmopolitans and expensive champagne with her girlfriends. Miss Carrie Bradshaw, despite her relationship woes, had it all. Even today, long after the show has ended, a big part of me still aspires to be like her; to wake up in a "fabulous" studio apartment in the Upper East Side, surrounded by my published novels and the aroma of Colombian coffee filling the air. 
Ahh. To dream...

In the meantime however, I adore reading magazine, just as Carrie did. I believe she was once quoted as saying: 

"When I first moved to New York, I bought Vogue. I just felt it fed me more."

Fashion. Shoes. Beauty. Glamour. I understand Carrie, I truly understand. That's why I couldn't help posting this spread by Marie Claire Magazine of the ever-so-lovely Olivia Wilde. 









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...