Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Back to December

"You gave me roses and I left them there to die.
So this is me, swallowing my pride-
Standing in front of you- saying I'm sorry for that night.
&& I go back to December all the time."
{Taylor Swift- Back to December}

We are often judged not by our words, but our actions. It is our actions, that truly define who we are.

I made promises I vowed to keep, yet broke them as easily it was to conjure up the courage to make them. I guess I filled his heart with pretty little lies, the kind of lies that would make him smile upon seeing me walk through the doorway. Love is funny that way, on any given moment you can be blinded by unwavering possibility. You make the promises; the promises of forever. Sadly, our "forever" ended; without question nor warning. I ended it. As the roses slowly wilted and faded to brown, there you stood asking me "Why". 

At times I wish I knew the answer.

Forgive me for not knowing...forgive me for breaking my promises.

{pinterest}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...