Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Save the TA TA's

She was a mother of two and a beautiful wife. She was a best friend, a confidant, and someone my mother shared her deepest, darkest secrets with. She was the kind of woman other women aspired to be. Her life however, was cut short; a moment too soon. Although her battle with breast cancer proved to be a deadly one, she will forever remain a staple of courage in my mother's eyes. In honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, I would like to recognize her strength and perseverance she exhibited as she tried to overcome this debilitating illness.

A few years ago, I walked 60 miles in her honor. 
I am proud to admit that the experience changed my life. Not only did I push my body to the limit, I was amongst those who were pushing their body to the limit. I walked arm in arm with those who survived and those who were still undergoing chemo. 
It was the most EMOTIONAL thing I had ever experienced and certainly the most rewarding. 

I encourage you to recognize October as Breast Cancer Awareness Month and join the fight to find a cure. 
Race.
Walk.
Donate.
Lend a helping hand. 
Be the shoulder to cry on. 
Love.
Hope.
&& Encourage
Want more information?

Take a look at Susan G. Komen's Website: For The Cure

Want to show your support?

Take a look at The Pink Ribbon Store: Here
Or:
{Photo retrieved from google}
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...