Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Wine Wednesday: Skinnygirl Chardonnay & Food Pairings

White peach, French oak vanilla, and a whisper of orange blossom. 
What do these three ingredients have in common? 
They comprise the enticing Skinnygirl Chardonnay.

I have to admit, I used to shy away from chardonnay. In college I opted for sweeter varieties such as Moscato. I thought chardonnay was far too bitter and too rich for my liking. However, as I got older, I revisited the flavor and it became my wine of choice. Because of this, I had high expectations for Skinnygirl. 

She did not disappoint. True to her label, this blend had a light finish lingering with a crisp acidity that balanced the rich fruit flavors. A touch of citrus delights the palate and would add a touch of (low-calorie!) elegance to any dinner party. 




But how do you know what to pair it with?
Believe it or not, chardonnay can be quite difficult to pair with food, but these dishes compliment the wine quite nicely. 

Try any of the following: 
Caesar Salad
Salmon with Lemon Sauce
Angel Hair Pasta w/cream sauce
Porkchops

And for dessert: Creme Brulee.

For more information on Skinnygirl, please click HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...