Thursday, January 20, 2011

Sometimes the words just don't come out the way you want them to...

Intention can be a double-edged sword. Intention, according to Merriam Webster, has been defined as what one intends to do or bring about. With that being said, my intentions of writing this blog were to reflect upon some of the more significant moments of my life. Although my intentions were to bring positivity to the multitude of hardships life and love present, they were not perceived in that way. Intention, I am discovering must clearly be stated for both participating audiences. It is in the mind, we wander. We hear and read certain entities and draw upon conclusions without clearly knowing the entire scenario. My intentions, although good, were again, not seen that way. And for that, I sincerely apologize.

We often forget that the things we say and do can greatly affect the people around us. We do things without thinking and more often than not we completely disregard the consequences that will soon follow. Because I wrote what I wrote, I negatively affected one of my readers. That was not my intention. I did not think about what I was doing and my own selfishness came into play when I hit "post". Lesson learned ladies and gentlemen, and I strongly suggest, do not hit "post" until you are completely ready to deal with the consequences. Blogging in many ways, is like life; do not dish out what you are not fully capable of enduring.

With that being said, I would like to digress that I am not filled with painstaking regret for what I did not say years ago. I am on the path I was destined to travel and I am proud of the path I chose. Things happen for reasons and there is a reason why that chapter of that particular story closed. But just because a story may be over, it doesn't mean you can't read it again or reflect upon what made you grow as an individual. My reflections are merely representations of who I was, not who I am today. I would also like to digress, that I am proud I chose this road.

In the last year, I have grown as an individual. At 25 years of age, I am proud of the woman that I am and becoming. At the start of this new year, I was destined to follow one of my dreams. My dream was to write and that is why I started this blog. I never imagined people would read it, let alone comment about it. Writing has become my creative outlet in which my imagination can play. I can genuinely say that I look forward to time on the keyboard and a glass of wine or a beer. I do not wish to stop this, but I do want to do it in a manner in which no one is hurt or sent into a mental tornado of anguish and anxiety. My intention, is to enlighten, to encourage, and to make people smile. A frown will simply not do. And to my one particular reader, I extend a sincere "Sorry".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...