Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Our Super Heroes

Ok, I am going to be a little honest:


When it comes to love, is it possible to ask for TOO much?


As women, we {clearly} set our expectations high. We long for the touch of his hand, his sweet kiss after a long day at work. We expect him to be thankful for the hot meal on the table, and the love we willingly provide. Yet, at times we get so frustrated that we fly through the roof. The same roof, that we expect our "Super heroes" to leap from. {Preferably in a single, breathtaking bound} But why?  Why, as women, do we set such unattainable expectations? Is Nicholas Sparks to blame? ;) 


Upon a few glasses of wine and a hot shower, the answer came to me. We expect SO much, because it is expected from us. As women, we are programed to believe that we are the nurturers, the providers, the sex kittens who should be able to keep calm, smile, and do as we are told. 


But if we are unhappy, we are branded with that oh-so-lovely name men love to throw around: a BITCH. The eyes start rolling and the heavy sighs ensue the moment our argument becomes crystal clear. Before I get too ahead of myself, I know that this is NOT all men, there are men out there who don't roll their eyes in aggravation the moment their woman is upset. DISCLAIMER, I again repeat, DISCLAIMER. I too, agree I can be a sarcastic bitch who likes to get their point across, but do we need the eye rolling? The "I can't believe she's whining about this" snide remarks? Do we deserve it? Possibly; maybe. 


Sometimes I think that much of what we do goes unnoticed. 


Lately, I feel as though I am a fly on the wall; an other wise invisible anomaly. I often wonder if this is my fault. Am I asking for too much? Am I being a {dun dun dun} BITCH? It's hard to tell and unfortunately I have no answers. 


I simply find myself staring; watching the water cascade down the walls of the shower, lost in thought. 


Ladies, do you believe we set the expectations TOO HIGH?


{Pinterst}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...