Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Failure

Sometimes I wonder, what do I know about life? About mistakes, about successes, about "knowing it all". I guess when it comes down to it, I don't really know much. I know my experiences, my memories, my here and now...But what do I know about life? 

Wisdom is typically reserved to those who have experienced it all; the grandfather teaching a lesson, the pastor preaching his word. But is that necessarily true? Failure, inevitably forces upon reflection. What you think you know, is no longer such. It becomes the tears that you refuse to let fall; that small fleeting emotion of wanting to quit.

 Quitting, while I am on the subject,
 Why are we are told not to give up, to keep calm and press on?
It's honestly not that easy.
As we fall and face defeat, why can't we just dwell in the melancholy?

With all wounds we need time to heal; to fell "ok" again. 
rebelattitudes.com

HappyHour Readers: How do you face defeat? What do you do when you "fail"?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...