Tuesday, October 23, 2012

If The End Is Really Near



According to the Mayan Calendar, we are doomed on December 21, 2012. 

If that's the case, I don't think I am prepared. I am the type of girl who laughs when the boyfriend talks about Zombie Apocalypse survival methods. I've yet to learn how to shoot a gun, and I wouldn't know the first thing about surviving on my own. In fact, I'm kinda kicking myself in the ass for not becoming a Dooms Day Prep Maniac. To be honest, I don't think I have enough food in my fridge to last me until next week...
Why?
I'm a Capricorn, it's in my nature to procrastinate. In fact, I'm like Tom Brady, I play my best during the last  2 minutes of the fourth quarter. With that being said, you can expect at approximately 11:58 on December 20th, that I will turn into a combination of Rambo and Lara Croft in 2.2 seconds. Sh!t will get done. And I will survive. 

All joking aside, talk of the "end" has put me in a rather reflective state. If the "end" is indeed near, I have to wonder, have I lived my life to its full potential? I mean there are so many things I've yet to do--like get married or have children; the generic to-do's in life.

More importantly, I've yet to publish my first book or solve a Rubik's Cube. I still don't understand the male psyche, quantum physics, or why the sky is blue. I haven't kissed the love of my life under the Northern Stars or had brunch overlooking the Amalfi Coast in Italy.

If the Mayans are correct, I have quite the agenda in the next upcoming months.
Realistically speaking, I know that I can't do it all. So I am taking this time to be thankful for what I HAVE done. I've packed a lot of living in 26 years and I can honestly say that I've been blessed.


In fact, 
I've been fortunate enough to: 

Fall in love
More than once. Sometime all at once.
I've experienced the nervous butterflies, the first kisses, the midnight conversations. I've loved completely,  recklessly, and daringly. I will forever wear my heart on my sleeve and believe in the happy endings.
I will never forget what my heart taught me or what their heart taught me when I was in love.

Have my heart broken
It's been torn into pieces and ripped apart at the seams.
It is scarred, imperfect, and stronger than hell.

Lose someone I love
They taught me the importance of life, how quickly it fades, and the value of a memory.

Be kissed by the sun
The act in itself, is the ultimate form of simplicity--beautiful simplicity.

Fly in a plane
In the words of Felix Baumgartner, "Sometimes you have to go up really high to understand how small you are."

Experience true friendship
The few that I hold dear to my heart? They are my soul mates. No amount of words can describe that.

Fail
Again, more than once. Sometimes all at once.
Failure has taught me the importance of perseverance.

Push my body to the limits

Watch the sun set & rise 

Pick up everything & leave
My greatest adventure to date...I am so thankful.

&& much, much more.

Happy Hour Readers: What have you been fortunate enough to experience in your life?







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...