Tuesday, May 3, 2011

To a Unknown Soldier

 At this moment, I don't know what you are thinking of. I don't know if you are scared, happy, sad, or angry. I don't know where you are. I don't know what your next mission entails. I don't know if you are awaiting a newborn, a beautiful wife, a loving family, or a beloved pet. I do, however, know this-that you are undeniably and deeply appreciated. I do know that you are a soldier, someone who fights for my freedom, a brave representation of what our country fights for each and every day. I am writing this letter to thank you for the struggles you may face each day; the yearning for a lover, a smile from your son or daughter. Your continual strength resides not only on the brink of battle but in the distance that separates you from the familiar and I want to thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...