Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Is it all make believe?

Ever feel as though the life you are living is not your own? That the people, the characters, places and things are are merely pieces of a game; dictated by some higher power? What lies before us, merely an illusion; a mirage that inevitably does not exist? "It's all make believe, isn't it?" She uttered. Did she have the same feelings? Sometimes I walk around with purpose, but no meaning. I live begrudgingly, completing the mundane; tasks that hinder me from feeling alive. It is when I exude passion, that the light in my eyes shines through. Lately, my passions have been neglected. It is in these brief minutes I can write that the energy within me blossoms. I often wonder if it is selfish to ignore. Ignore the world to escape for a few brief moments; to desensitize, to figure out the players in the game, to comprehend the mirage. Is it selfish to want to be alone?
{found in my journal}

{source: pinterest}

xo Kristina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...