Sunday, May 8, 2011

She Gave Me Strength

There were times in my life where I would rather slam my door in her face than listen to what she had to say. I was 14 with a major attitude problem and her rules, well my little know-it-all-14-year-old-version of myself, thought they were barbaric and utterly ridiculous. She had no idea what I was going through, and she certainly didn't understand what it was like being a freshman in highschool! Ugh! Of course, now, I have seen the light, and I want to kick that 14 year old version of myself in the ass. At times, I wish I could take back the doors I slammed, the hurtful angry words, and the countless amounts I rolled my eyes in her direction. But, I know that I can't  and I know that it was all a part of "growing up."

The relationship between a mother and daughter, I must admit, is not always butterflies and roses. But it is one of the most important relationships in a woman's life. My mother on many levels, has been the single most important influence in my life. The lessons she has taught me will forever remain in my heart. Because of her, I will always remember to: get everything in writing, make copies of important documents, keep everything I write, to avoid crying, frowning, or worrying (it will only cause wrinkles), and to always be aware of my surroundings. As I write these things, I can't help but smile, because above all else, my mom has taught me strength. The other lessons, well those are the little things. Strength, on the other hand, is what has made me the woman I am today. It was in her own strength that I found my own. Throughout my life, I have been complimented on more than one occasion on my bravery, independence, and courage, and I have my mother to thank for all it.

Thank you Mom, for all that you have done and continue to do! Love you and Happy Mother's Day!


Happy Mother's Day to all the Momma's out there!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...