Thursday, June 23, 2011

Looking Glass Self

{Angelina Jolie: weheartit}
At times I feel as though I am drowning in mediocrity; simple in a rather complex world. My looks plain; my style bleak. As women it is easy to compare, to wonder what it would be like to be her. It's easy to say that one shall not measure an others success with her own yet it remains a rather daunting task. I have often wondered what it would be like to step outside of my own body to see what others see; feel what others feel. The life of a stubborn perfectionist at times can be utterly exhausting. How do we stop the mind from wandering into unbridled territory? I often daydream of being someone else. I long to be the girl with the beguiling personality equipped with an intoxicating demeanor that captivates her audiences. Is she real? Or does she stare back at me upon first glance of a dusty mirror...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...