Thursday, June 30, 2011

Scarlett

As he leaned in to speak, he was engulfed by the sweet aroma of her perfume. She smelled of a desert flower; a primrose. He watched as she lifted her delicate hand; motioning to the bartender. With a wink of an eye, two glasses of vintage Merlot sat before them. "I don't suppose you are offended that a woman such as myself, offered to buy you a drink", she suggested crossing her long, beautiful legs. "No. Just a little surprised" he replied. "Oh don't be silly", she laughed gently throwing her head back. "It is my pleasure." Again, the familiarity of her voice sent chills down his spine. "I hope you like red, because this is the finest Merlot in the Los Angeles area" she gushed; her playful eyes dancing. 

"This is fine-I mean great" he stuttered, not able to concentrate on anything other than her. Secretly, he feared if he took his eyes off of her, she would disappear in a mist of illusion. He was memorized. Her neck; bare. Her lips the color of a crimson rose. Her breasts full. Every part of her revealed  desire; a longing to be touched, caressed. His thoughts were soon interrupted when he heard her voice. "What is your name handsome?" "Damien. And you?" he asked, taking a sip of his wine. "Damien, that is a very sexy name", she replied holding her hand out, "It's been a pleasure meeting you. I'm Scarlett." 

"Would you like to dance Damien?" she asked, twisting a strand of her thick red hair. "Dance?" he gasped, suddenly aware of the band that played in the background. "Scarlett, I'm not much of a dancer..." "Dance with me Damien," she demanded, smiling. 

A few seconds later, he found himself on the dance floor with Scarlett. Her arms, wrapped around him; her head gently resting on his broad shoulder. Once again reminded of her scent. A desert flower; a primrose. "I've been watching you Damien. I see you all around town. What are you searching for?" she asked, wide-eyed; curious. "That's not any of you business, Scarlett. And what do you mean that you have been watching me?" he replied defensively, pulling away from her arms. His thoughts no longer that of desire. 

"Damien, don't get angry. I was just implying that I have seen you around town. You always seem to be looking for something or someone." "And if I was, why would you care? You don't know anything about me Scarlett! Thank you for the wine, but it's getting late. See you around." He whispered, leaving her on the dance floor, alone.

{we.heart.it}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...