Friday, October 14, 2011

Fit Friday: The Skinny on Diet Pills

I did what I vowed never to do: I purchased and started taking SlimQuick Razor Diet Pills and I regret it wholeheartedly. 

Sure, they promise that you will incinerate 25 lbs of fat in a few weeks.
But the dosage of two pills a day was enough for me to discontinue and bow my head down in defeat.

WHY? Why would I take them?

I started using them as a quick fix, something to accelerate my weight loss to fit in a very revealing Cha Cha dress for a ballroom dancing showcase. Sure, they decreased my appetite gave me energy and made me think I was just burning massive amounts of calories.

The reality?

Severe abdominal pain and swelling...
Severe headaches morning, day, and night
Loss of energy when I was not on the pill
Achy joints and muscles
Mood swings
Jittery heart and shaking, trembling hands
Feelings of being lightheaded.
&& FINALLY
nausea 

Sounds healthy right? NO. And I encourage those of you looking for a quick fix to reconsider. Your health is far more important than trying to be that extra skinny version of yourself. PLEASE, I REPEAT DO NOT TAKE DIET PILLS! Do it the old fashion way, diet, exercise, and drink plenty of water.

{Pinterest/Inspiration}

1 comment:

  1. There's a trick to burning extra body fat in the morning by doing a light aerobic exercize before breaking your PM fast, and starting your insuline digestive systems- once you breakfast, you become more adapt at breaking down complex carbohydrate, as the day moves on your stress hormones for concentration motivation and insuline levels drop which inhibit the bodies ability to break down carbs. In the PM its better to eat protiens and healthy fats (avocado meats) that are more suited to your PM digestive chemistry, and will help you maintain any regenerative processes and prevent the accumulation of fat from inefficient breakdown of carbohydrate.

    I feel like I mentioned this before... anyway this is how profession competition lifters become leaner and is not recomended for any time longer than a month or so.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...