Wednesday, October 26, 2011

A Thing Called Love: Keep Walking

Tumblr
"If he doesn't chase you after you walk away...keep walking."

As women it is VERY hard to do this. 

We walk away hoping that he will chase us, fall to his knees, and proclaim undying love and affection. More often than not, this is not the case. 

A few years ago I made a decision to break up with the man I thought I had a future with. Although he was pushing me away I refused to believe it. I continued being the loyal, (naive) girlfriend who adored the ground he walked on. But as phone calls became that of the distant past and "I Love You's" were no longer spoken, I knew I had to end the relationship.

As I dialed the number I had memorized within days of meeting him, I took a breath, and held back the tears. The conversation? It remains a blur that I have seemingly chosen to forget.  It marked an end; an end that I had hoped wouldn't be so resolute.

Sadly, he never did chase me or ask me to go on one more date. 

I'd like to tell you that I was that strong woman that refused to fall victim to the random texts, the late night phone calls at 12:30 am. But I wasn't that woman. A text gave me hope; hope that he would want me back. 

I should have just walked away instead of being the pawn in his tortuous game. 

Ladies, I repeat: 

If he want's you in his life...he will make it happen. You are strong! You are beautiful! And there is a man out there who is HAPPY THAT EX LET YOU WALK AWAY! 

Never lose sight. Love is out there...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...